Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bike Crash...Again?!?

Today I got in a bicycle crash with one of my students. Kinda. Actually, it was more like I ran the poor kid over and then scraped the skin off part of my hand while he just got run over. This time, the bicycle accident wasn't my fault though. I was riding my bike straight and he was popped out from a sidestreet to the main road. It didn't help that I was riding my bike as fast as I could, because when he came outta nowhere, I couldn't dodge him. Anyway, I ended up crumpling certain accessories on his bike and then sliding an extra couple, five, ten feet before finally stopping. The good news is that I was able to protect my laptop. The bad news is that I landed on the same hip I bruised yesterday playing soccer. Oh well. Cest la vie. I guess it's better to bruise the same one worse and still have one to lay on when I'm sleeping. Anyway, my body has new bruises, scratches and cuts that hurt. I guess that means I'm still alive, and being alive is good.
After the crash, I bent back pieces of the student's bike so that his tire could move again. I also asked him to use my phone to call the school to tell them that I would be late, but the school decided to send someone to pick us up. We waited for a little while until the Kyoto Sensei (assistant principal) showed up with his van. We threw in our bikes and got a ride to school. Good times.

No comments: